Obtain Dealer certification from Legal Metrology Department
What is import registration for weights and measures?
According the rules of Section 19 of the Legal Metrology Act, 2009, all who want to import weights or measuring products in India, have to firs obtain a specialized import registration from the Director of Legal metrology.
To do so, the applicant has to file the application under Schedule X of rule 15 of the general rules of Legal metrology.
Declaration required for importer registration
Following are the declarations that the applicant has to be make as per the packaged commodity rules:
- Country of origin
- name and address of the manufacturer
- Address of the importer
- And other details given in the application form
When to file for Importer Registration? What’s the validity?
Importer registration has to be applied within 30 days of starting the import of goods. The maximum validity of importer registration varies from 1 to 5 years.
Other points of note are as follows:
- Not applying for importer registration within 30 days of commencement of import is a punishable offense.
- The fine for the above offense can extend to INR 25,000/-
- In case the offense is more than one, the crime is considered punishable by prison term of six months.
Registrationwala assists in Importer registration for weights and measures
Our team of registration assists you in:
- Filing the application
- Conducting a follow up with the legal metrology department
- Getting timely importer registration
Get the right import weights and registration. Apply for importer registration today.