Obtain Dealer certification from Legal Metrology Department
What is Dealer Certification?
Dealer license for weights and measures is the is a required authorization given by Legal Metrology Department to those who deal either directly or otherwise in the business of selling, supplying or distributing Weights and measuring instrument for cash. commission or remuneration.
As per the Legal Metrology Act, 2009, the dealer is defined is someone that either deals directly or does business in weights and measuring equipment.
In order to become such a dealer, one has to obtain the authorized Dealer certificate from the Legal Metrology Department. This license is mandatory for :
- Licenses for a manufacturer willing to act as a dealer for a commodity
- License for a importer willing to act as a dealer for a commodity.
In terms of non-legal jargon, both manufacturers and importers of weights and measuring products who also want to conduct business with them have to acquire the dealer license.
Points to be understood about the dealer certification
Following are some of the points you need to understand about the dealer license.
- The fee and the approval timeline for the dealer license varies from state to state
- The license is valid one to five years.
- If a dealer wants to do business of weights and measuring product in more than one state, he has to obtain dealer licenses for each of those state.
Taxphix assisting in getting your dealer registration
Registrationwala provides the following services in regards to dealer license:
- We file the application of dealer license on the client’s behalf.
- We deal with the intricacies of the licensing process.
- We reach out to the government bodies to expedite the licensing process.
Contact us today so that that we can initiate the process of dealer certification.